Skip to main content

The Crimes of India - TimesJobs.com


Dear TimesJobs,

I am tired of your pathetic service. Timesjobs.com is certainly not the best or No. 1 job service provider in the country, a thing that you shamelessly claim and aimlessly believe in. You do nothing but spam my email inbox.

Despite my continuous emails, calls, and using the “unsubscribe” facility on your portal, I still receive job alerts, none of which are useful to me.

Let me also inform you that your call center executives are absolute morons and dumb fellows who neither can understand anything said in English nor can comprehend what is being told to them in any other language.

What surprises me?

  1. In spite of having unsubscribed, I still receive some idiotic job alerts. In that email I click on the “Unsubscribe” link, and then the portal takes me to a page where it says “your profile is incomplete; enter the following details to complete registration”. Now when my profile is incomplete, how and why do I receive job alerts, which I certainly don’t require? Quite obviously, your “unsubscribe” facility does not work and there is some disastrous error on your portal. Your software programmers and developers probably have quit pitying the state which timesjobs is into or the so-called “country’s leading job service provider” hasn’t been able to get best job seekers to the great job.
  2. I have repeatedly sent several emails to “timesjobs@timesgroup.com”, and most of them in BIG BOLD RED COLOUR FONT. Nothing helped though. I wonder if the emails at monitored at all or not.
  3. I speak to your customer care executives (the dumbest class I have ever come across in my life), who not only don’t understand what I say but also are unaware of what they are saying.
  4. My utter surprise was when I received an email from TimesJobs and it was trying to sell me Citibank credit cards. I was appalled so understand why a job service provider was selling credit card to me. Did TimesJobs assume that I have got a good job using their portal and that now I can start spending my salary on credit card bills?
Agonising smartness of your customer care service
I have spoken to your customer care executives on several occasions (one just a while ago, Mr. Sunil Kumar, who denied giving me any other identification reference, as if he thought he is Aamir Khan and anyone can easily identify him from the lot. I thought I have only 2 people to disgust in this world – Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra. However, now there is one more – Mr. Sunil Kumar of TimesJobs). My only purpose to ask for his identification was that when I call next time (which I certainly will have to), I should be able to give a reference of my previous call with Mr. Sunil Kumar, and hence avoid narrating my case again. However, he denied.

Earlier when I had called, I was told that a request was sent to the concerned department and my id will be deleted from the mailing list within 24-48 hours. Ages have passed ever since, however, the 48 hours don’t seem to have elapsed. In despair, and irritated to still see a mail from TimesJobs in my inbox, I called up the customer care, only to encounter one more “world’s-greatest-excuse-provider-cum-misleader-of-facts”, Mr. Sunil Kumar. I reported the issue to him, something that I have done over dozen times now. I also iterated on the solutions that executives had given me earlier. After numerous emails and discussions with the customer care executives, TimesJobs still continues to send their rot to my inbox.

Mr. Sunil Kumar kept telling me that I can use the “unsubscribe” option on the portal or “give me your id and I will send a notification to concerned department to unsubscribe your id” or “you can email timesjobs@timesgroup.com and request to unsubscribe”. I almost had fainted in trying to convey that I have tried all of this and yet you guys spam my mailbox. Dumbass could hardly understand. I told him that from the time I had called last time, when a lady took my id and confirmed that my id will be disabled in 24-48 hours, till today 10 such 24-48 hours have passed. It has been more than 12 days, and my id is not disabled. What kind of confirmation was that? This dim-witted Sunil Kumar tries to convince me that it is not 24-48 hours but 24-48 business/working hours. Smart, isn’t it?

  1. Please give me your manager’s name and number.
  2. Give me a request/complaint number for this conversation, so that next time I can just give this number and take this case forward
  3. Don’t you have records of my earlier calls? Refer those and see what I am talking about.
Sunil Kumar (SK) had only one answer to all of the above, “we don’t have that facility”. And then;

Me: So next time when I call, I will have narrate my pain all over again to some other executive?

SK: yes. Or if you don’t want to do that you can email timesjobs@timesgroup.com or use “unsubscribe” option on the portal

Me: Do you understand English?

SK: If you talk rude like this I will disconnect the call (dekho na mummy, ye uncle kaise baath kar rahe hai phone pe..uuuunnnnn)

Me: Simply because you haven’t understood a word about what I have been telling you. I told you I have tried all those options

SK: You will get a confirmation email in 24-48 hours

Me: I have already sent emails and spoken to lot of your executives but your 24-48 hours SLA is never met.

SK: You must be doing some mistake in typing the email address

Me: I have sent 15-20 emails till now, and you think I have made mistake in all emails that I have sent?

SK: correct email address is timesjobs@...

Me: Hero, I know what your email address is. You are talking to an IT professional with 10+ years of experience, and you think I cannot type an email address correctly?

SK: it will take 24-48 hours…

Me: F*** OFF

Comments

Sumeet Kadam said…
But Amol why didn't you try the Unsubscribe option or send an email to them?? LOL :D
Madhavi said…
deva re... kiti aggressive article aahe re.. kitti bhandala tya mulashi!!!
cool down!!!
Unknown said…
Amol i totally agree with u on such morons who sit out of some call center somewhere.

I have faced such situations with Vodafone, Tata Indicom, Titan, Tatasky to name a few. These buggers dont have any e-mail IDs & the top executives wearing suits & carrying fancy desig's (VP, Sr.VP, CxO's) don't have the guts to face customers directly. So for me they are bigger assh----. What we need is the ability to sue these co's for pathetic post sales support.

U have said what i wanted to express in words.
i am facing the same situation.
its really agonizing.
Unknown said…
i am also facing th same problem please hel me in this problem
Pradeep said…
You do realize that emails have a filter option right!!?

Popular posts from this blog

Down The Memory Lane - The Times of DD

The weekend was bad, rather not so good; my back ache had buckled me to the bed, not allowing me to stay in one position for more than 4-5 minutes. I was surfing through the television channels lying on bed, and soon I noticed that I was doing nothing but going from 0 to 54 (that is the only number of channels I have on my television) and then again 0 to 54, and then again and again. I was tired watching that Indo-Pak terror debate, reality shows were irritating me, and I couldn’t handle any more breaking news with my broken back, neither was I interested in any kind of saas-bahu or the rona-dhona type of soaps, south Indian films dubbed in hindi were a big NO, I was in no mood for business news either, I had also had enough of Ghajini and Rab Ne trailors, songs, and reviews. I remember, only thing that possibly kept me glued to any particular channel was the advertisements – Limca (I love this ad for its jingle, the zing, and the babe, of course), Raymond, Bingo , few insurance

The Tormenting Tale of TimesJobs

Important: Please read my earlier post on Timesjobs.com . The reference to context will then be simpler. My experience with Timesjobs.com has been vexatious. It has almost turned out to be like "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" . If Emily saw ghosts at 3am in the morning, I would often wake up with the nightmare of Timesjobs.com personnel (mostly a Sonia Oberoi or Rekha Singh) asking me if "I am in the right job" or someone else offering me a "Citibank Credit Card" Yes, a credit card indeed. Timesjobs.com itself is out of job or providing jobs and hence has started selling credit cards - IRONY, I surmise. All my attempts to "UNSUBSCRIBE" from their job alert and mailing services have failed, to the extent that I wrote to YAHOO to please have my email address either deleted or changed (I will post a screen-shot of a reply from YAHOO SECURITY TEAM in my next post). However, I still made a brave, despondent attempt to "UNSUBSCRIBE" f

Existing In Chaos

50 days! I have been spinning in hectic schedules of work and a strenuous life of intermediate intensity. I have had hardly anytime to catch up with the news, especially at this time when elections are just around the corner. During all these frenzied days of my work life, I have terribly missed Karan (Thapar), Rajdeep, Arnab, and Udayan & Mitali (Mukherjees), of course. Yes, I did catch up with the Oscar ceremony and the hyped Slumdog jazz though. I am exhausted now. I tried to squeeze in some time yesterday to go through the recent political news (I wasn’t interested in what is happening to Kasab or was eager to know about India’s heroic cricketing triumphs). I pulled out some news archives from various websites, newspapers, and did watch news channels for whole three hours yesterday. I liked the oath taking Lead India 09 campaign, I liked Aamir’s representation to think better for this country in one another Lead India campaign, I loved the awareness and initiatives that Jaago