Skip to main content

Jhappi, Pappi & All That

Mr. Munnabhai Dutt is on a verbal rampage and I am surprised that neither the Congress nor the BJP is even attempting to exploit on this opportunity to make it a national debate. Sanjay Dutt has repeatedly, since last couple of days, tried to communalise things during the election heat. He is trying to woo the Muslim votes and use it for the benefit of Samajwadi Party.

‘When there were too many Muslims, the police caught up 5-10 Hindus and locked them up,’ is something that Sanjay Dutt said during his speeches. What kind of a message you are giving, Mr. Dutt? You being now a political figure, it becomes your duty that you help people instil their confidence in the legal and security system of this country, and not preach otherwise – I know I am wasting my time, but this bloody gussa does not go when every other day some or the other politician (wannabes and deep rooted) exploits democracy, molesting their right to speech. I am just scribbling away with an aching heart, mindless brain, frustrated hands, and a comatose keyboard.

Sanjay Dutt was smiling away and feeling proud, proclaiming now that a FIR has been filed against him, he is now a politician. Good testimony sir! A message to the youth – if you want to become a politician, have at least one case against you. We know that, we have seen many like these, but we need change now, you need not prove again to us that a political leader should be corrupt and criminally charged.

'I was given the 3rd degree, the police beat me up, because I was a son of a Muslim woman and I have come here to tell you that,' says Sanjay Dutt. Surprising, that it took you more than 10 years to understand this and make it public. And, why precisely at this point, when you are made the general secretary of SP?

We all know Sanjay, that you are an actor and your can recite the given dialogues to perfection with all the required emotions of anguish or joy. Though your father and sister have been into politics, it is still time for you to learn the nitty-gritty’s of it. We also know where those lines (read dialogues) came from. Munnabhai, both your movies are far by-gone now, earned their worth, so you please come out of it, and please don’t use that Gandhi-giri disguise to fool us. Forget giving Bhenji a jhappi and a pappi, tomorrow you might also go and join hands with her. And if you do seriously believe in it then also please understand that spreading hatred does not mean Gandhism.

No mercy for you at all, not even considering the legacy of your late father, Dutt Sahab. You possibly deserve the criticism for the wrong choices you have made. The current company that you are in may look like Gandhi with that bald head and the round glasses but the bequest for true Gandhi-giri is far beyond his reach. Please remember Mr. Munnabhai -

“Gandhiji, by way of his virtues and contributions, toh Amar ho gaye,
Par yeh jo Amar hai wo kabhi Gandhi na ho payega”

May be Circuit can explain it to you better; you always listen to him, if you are still prefer being in that Munnabhai mood.

Comments

Advaitavedanti said…
No Amol, you're sadly mistaken; it becomes Sanjubaba's duty to help people instill their confidence in the legal and security system of this country ONLY in the movies, not in politics!

I don't know what the celebrated Dutt sahab did, but whatever that is, don't expect the Dutt beta to do any better. Our man has been changes colours frequently, at times saying that he "has faith in the Indian legal system" and at other saying that he "was given 3rd degree treatment by the police since his mother was a muslim". If anything, he was given royal treatment with or without jail, being a celebrity and Mumbai filmi junta just drool over them, no matter what they do. Its fairly easy for such fanatics to mix up reel and real lives!

"I am just scribbling away with an aching heart, mindless brain, frustrated hands, and a comatose keyboard."

You're soon becoming an aam aadmi, who gives up the fight; that is, one of me!
Anonymous said…
You are expecting too much Amol, being very very optimistic dude.
Anonymous said…
“Gandhiji, by way of his virtues and contributions, toh Amar ho gaye,
Par yeh jo Amar hai wo kabhi Gandhi na ho payega”

This is very nice couplet, truly meaningful.
Amol Redij said…
Hi Praveen,

Yes, I know I am becoming like a aam aadmi, coz I get deeply pained looking at the kind of dirty politics is being played and the nature of issues that our leaders choose to discuss.

It might look like I am giving up the fight, I am no Kamal Hasan ;-). Nonetheless, I will do my little bit that might help some or many in big or small ways - to cast my vote, for my greatest living ideal, Narayana Murthy says that "Casting of the ballot is the first step in making sure that our democracy is a success".

I came across this very nice piece of interview today - http://ibnlive.in.com/news/let-most-legislators-be-englishspeaking-murthy/90694-3-single.html, I know it is usual for you and me to read and understand such bits, but somehow can't get it to those who should actually be reading and understanding it - just a mere ooze out of frustration may be
Aniket said…
Hi Amol,

Good post again. However, you fail to understand that the the basic of all our problems lie in the fundamentals. We shouldn't be alllowing criminals in politics, not even to campaign as brand ambassadors. They can very smartly swing btwn tow extremes of threatening rude behaviour as well as begging for sympathy and exploiting it.

Having said so, yes rightly, all we can do is do our little bit of having that black dot imprinted on our index finger. But is that really enough?

Praveen - a part of your statement "You're soon becoming an aam aadmi, who gives up the fight" seems to be little contradictory, you call a person an am admi and expect him to fight as well, one who fights is not aam, and if he is aam then valour does not count, rather it lacks. Nothing personal.

Thanks
Aniket

Popular posts from this blog

Down The Memory Lane - The Times of DD

The weekend was bad, rather not so good; my back ache had buckled me to the bed, not allowing me to stay in one position for more than 4-5 minutes. I was surfing through the television channels lying on bed, and soon I noticed that I was doing nothing but going from 0 to 54 (that is the only number of channels I have on my television) and then again 0 to 54, and then again and again. I was tired watching that Indo-Pak terror debate, reality shows were irritating me, and I couldn’t handle any more breaking news with my broken back, neither was I interested in any kind of saas-bahu or the rona-dhona type of soaps, south Indian films dubbed in hindi were a big NO, I was in no mood for business news either, I had also had enough of Ghajini and Rab Ne trailors, songs, and reviews. I remember, only thing that possibly kept me glued to any particular channel was the advertisements – Limca (I love this ad for its jingle, the zing, and the babe, of course), Raymond, Bingo , few insurance

The Tormenting Tale of TimesJobs

Important: Please read my earlier post on Timesjobs.com . The reference to context will then be simpler. My experience with Timesjobs.com has been vexatious. It has almost turned out to be like "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" . If Emily saw ghosts at 3am in the morning, I would often wake up with the nightmare of Timesjobs.com personnel (mostly a Sonia Oberoi or Rekha Singh) asking me if "I am in the right job" or someone else offering me a "Citibank Credit Card" Yes, a credit card indeed. Timesjobs.com itself is out of job or providing jobs and hence has started selling credit cards - IRONY, I surmise. All my attempts to "UNSUBSCRIBE" from their job alert and mailing services have failed, to the extent that I wrote to YAHOO to please have my email address either deleted or changed (I will post a screen-shot of a reply from YAHOO SECURITY TEAM in my next post). However, I still made a brave, despondent attempt to "UNSUBSCRIBE" f

Existing In Chaos

50 days! I have been spinning in hectic schedules of work and a strenuous life of intermediate intensity. I have had hardly anytime to catch up with the news, especially at this time when elections are just around the corner. During all these frenzied days of my work life, I have terribly missed Karan (Thapar), Rajdeep, Arnab, and Udayan & Mitali (Mukherjees), of course. Yes, I did catch up with the Oscar ceremony and the hyped Slumdog jazz though. I am exhausted now. I tried to squeeze in some time yesterday to go through the recent political news (I wasn’t interested in what is happening to Kasab or was eager to know about India’s heroic cricketing triumphs). I pulled out some news archives from various websites, newspapers, and did watch news channels for whole three hours yesterday. I liked the oath taking Lead India 09 campaign, I liked Aamir’s representation to think better for this country in one another Lead India campaign, I loved the awareness and initiatives that Jaago