Skip to main content

SACH is LIFE!


I had never watched the game of cricket so keenly, ever since it became a business more than a game. I don’t watch it as devotedly, today as well. However, there is one man who can change all the rules – of the game, of the fan following, and for me too. I love watching the game only when he is at the crease. Though I show lot of disinterest in his game to tease my sisters and my friend Nikhil when he plays, I have gathered tremendous interest and respect for him – SACHIN TENDULKAR, the only one after Wasim Akram.
I never thought I would write on a topic of cricket, however, this legend has compelled me to do so.

20 years of cricket, bags full of runs, every record tagged to his name, limitless prosperity, infinite respect, free from controversies, and rewriting history of surprises – this legend, Tendulkar, yet remains a humble and modest cricketer. I would appear like a dwarf to write about his cricketing genius or his finesse with the willow. What I do know is it is sheer excitement to watch Sachin do magical wonders with his willow. He is an in-depth user manual for cricketing aspirants.

I was all choked up seeing him take that 200th run, indeed for establishing a new mark in the history of cricket. Few players had reached close to that “200” mark, however, had to retreat falling embarrassingly short of that score. And thus, I was convinced that cricket has written a fate for itself, that if anyone has to reach that mark, it would be none other than the God of cricket himself – Sachin Tendulkar. Yes, I know I am getting emotional. My eyes glittered with khushi ke aasoon yesterday seeing him achieve that milestone. I am falling short of adjectives for this “LITTLE MASTER BLASTER”. I salute thee – thou God of cricket, emotional again! Many say that Sachin was born only for cricket. I now believe, however, that cricket was born only for Sachin.

Sachin has portrayed excellent qualities of being a loyal performer and those contribute to the echelon he is at today. He always wanted to just play cricket, follow his ardor, and keep competing with the self; beyond all pressures, agonies, and controversies that uselessly were blasted at him.

He dedicated his 200 to the country and that elevates his humane nature, erasing all lines of regional divide. His play knits people together – the Kulkarnis, the Joshis, the Singhs, the Tiwaris, the Khans, the Mukherjees, the Shaikhs, the Josephs, the Nairs, the D’Souzas, and so on – let the Thackarays keep blabbering what they want. My FB status received a “thumbs-up” comment from my Canadian friend; probably, even she loves to see Sachin achieving such milestones. Sachin is loved across boundaries, both domestic as well as international.

Passion, practice, performance, patience – principles that Sachin pledges by, in my opinion. Complete faith, dedication, sincerity, and hard work to follow your passion, and that’s how you conquer success – SACH is LIFE!

Comments

Aniket said…
Ya cricket veerala koti koti pranaam...
Nikhil said…
Amol Thanks a lot for writing such a beautiful article on the "MASTER" himself on my request. All I can say about the "MASTER" is he is a true magician who spells a web around every one watching when he plays. Some say he is "GOD" in cricket, some say he is a "LEGEND", some say he is born to play cricket, some say he is a GEM

BUT WHAT I SAY is...

S - SOLID

A - AGGRESSIVE

C - CHARISMATIC

H - HUNDRED MAKING MACHINE

I - IMPERATOR (An absolute or supreme ruler.)

N - NAME SAYS IT ALL..

Sir Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar - WE LOVE YOU FOR WHAT U ARE AND WHAT U HAVE GIVEN TO INDIA....

THANK U SIR.....
Anonymous said…
Great Acievement From A Great Man. ALL the best whishes from me for SIR Sachin RAMESH TENDULKAR To continue his career as long as possible
Anonymous said…
Sachin is a great human being and an unbeatable cricketer.
Anonymous said…
I am proud to be born in India, just for only one single reason...Sachin is born in this country.
Anonymous said…
Sachin...Marathi Bana...Aapla Marathi manoos, Bharatachi shaan vadhavli tyane. Faar varshan purvi Maharaj aale hote ani aaj Tendulkar ahey.
Anonymous said…
Akram eh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocgrjx6IirY&feature=PlayList&p=E19C6318F557A0F6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2
Anonymous said…
proud to be indian !!!!!!!!!!thumbs up
Anonymous said…
Here is some more praise for Sachin

When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam.

When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehruvian economy.

It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will.
Anonymous said…
AT TIMES I DOUBT WHETHER SACHIN TENDULKAR IS A HUMAN BEING.
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Popular posts from this blog

Down The Memory Lane - The Times of DD

The weekend was bad, rather not so good; my back ache had buckled me to the bed, not allowing me to stay in one position for more than 4-5 minutes. I was surfing through the television channels lying on bed, and soon I noticed that I was doing nothing but going from 0 to 54 (that is the only number of channels I have on my television) and then again 0 to 54, and then again and again. I was tired watching that Indo-Pak terror debate, reality shows were irritating me, and I couldn’t handle any more breaking news with my broken back, neither was I interested in any kind of saas-bahu or the rona-dhona type of soaps, south Indian films dubbed in hindi were a big NO, I was in no mood for business news either, I had also had enough of Ghajini and Rab Ne trailors, songs, and reviews. I remember, only thing that possibly kept me glued to any particular channel was the advertisements – Limca (I love this ad for its jingle, the zing, and the babe, of course), Raymond, Bingo , few insurance

The Tormenting Tale of TimesJobs

Important: Please read my earlier post on Timesjobs.com . The reference to context will then be simpler. My experience with Timesjobs.com has been vexatious. It has almost turned out to be like "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" . If Emily saw ghosts at 3am in the morning, I would often wake up with the nightmare of Timesjobs.com personnel (mostly a Sonia Oberoi or Rekha Singh) asking me if "I am in the right job" or someone else offering me a "Citibank Credit Card" Yes, a credit card indeed. Timesjobs.com itself is out of job or providing jobs and hence has started selling credit cards - IRONY, I surmise. All my attempts to "UNSUBSCRIBE" from their job alert and mailing services have failed, to the extent that I wrote to YAHOO to please have my email address either deleted or changed (I will post a screen-shot of a reply from YAHOO SECURITY TEAM in my next post). However, I still made a brave, despondent attempt to "UNSUBSCRIBE" f

Existing In Chaos

50 days! I have been spinning in hectic schedules of work and a strenuous life of intermediate intensity. I have had hardly anytime to catch up with the news, especially at this time when elections are just around the corner. During all these frenzied days of my work life, I have terribly missed Karan (Thapar), Rajdeep, Arnab, and Udayan & Mitali (Mukherjees), of course. Yes, I did catch up with the Oscar ceremony and the hyped Slumdog jazz though. I am exhausted now. I tried to squeeze in some time yesterday to go through the recent political news (I wasn’t interested in what is happening to Kasab or was eager to know about India’s heroic cricketing triumphs). I pulled out some news archives from various websites, newspapers, and did watch news channels for whole three hours yesterday. I liked the oath taking Lead India 09 campaign, I liked Aamir’s representation to think better for this country in one another Lead India campaign, I loved the awareness and initiatives that Jaago